Anti-sway bar choices

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anti-sway bar choices
From: "Red Raevyn" <redraevyn@softhome.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:48:44 -0500
I am in an 88 Jetta GLi right now, and I could reallly use a lot of stiffness
in the front end.  I realised it when I did my first autocross a few months
ago, and it's more apparent every time I corner, now that I'm paying
attention.   It is bad enough that through corners in 2nd gear my inside wheel
lifts up, which is tsk tsk since it's my drive wheel, hehe.  Anyway, the front
end is like it's sitting on sponges - while the rear stays relatively soft,
the front just dips right down.   So I'm wondering what kind of thickness
would be good to start off with, whether I need them top and bottom, or just
the strut tower ones, etcetera - don't really know much about the things, to
be honest.    It has stock springs in it, and Boge Turbo Gas struts.   It's a
funny combination, I know, but the former owner had it on a set of Neuspeed
race springs so small they weren't even compressed when I pulled the strut
assembly out to change them over, in lieu of impending kidney combustion.  The
car also has a -lot- of power, and all of it goes down through 16x7 Kumho
Ecsta's, (save the wheel coming off the ground, d'oh).

So, advice?

Thanks =)
.Greg Maust.