plants and animals

To: kkelly@spss.com, Auto Cross <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: plants and animals
From: James Rogerson <jrogerson@Houston.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:44:39 -0600
Most vegetarians, and others, think nothing of plucking those poor children
of plants commonly called seeds, berries and fruit.  Much less the breaking
off of complete stalks, ripping out the roots, etc.  Well let me tell you,
plants will react to such treatment.  When you pluck off a pod of beans the
plant will actually pull back.  Slowly mind you but all the same it's cell
structure will shrink away from the damage done.  If you hook up bean plant
(I prefer string beans) , to a very sensitive galvinometer, run the signal
produced through a amplification system then through a speaker, you can
pluck beans and listen to the plant scream.  It's quite pleasant to do so
in the midst of such misguided creatures as the aforementioned.  Plants
have just as much soul as dogs or cats.  It's just harder to hear them meow
or bark.

Who says college isn't all fun?

James Rogerson
  [FP #125] - Tekless Racing
jrogerson@houston.rr.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertle
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"When law and morality contradict one another, the citizen has the cruel
alternative of either losing his sense of morality or losing his respect
for the law."  - Federic Bastiat