RE: extended warrantee recomendations?

To: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendotracing@netzero.net>,
Subject: RE: extended warrantee recomendations?
From: "Knuckledragger" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:59:00 -0600
-----Original Message-----
Anyone have either good or bad experiences with extended warrantee
companies? (car stuff)
TIA
Bruce
My experience has been that 3rd party warranty companies can make the claim
process unnecessarily difficult to stomach, both for you and the shop
performing the repair.

FWIW, on my current car, a Dodge, I purchased a 6yr/100K bumper-to-bumper
warranty through Chrysler.  Yes, it cost more than an "equivalent" 3rd party
warranty.  But, getting service is as simple as continuing to take my car to
any Dodge dealership just as I did when under the factory 3/36 warranty.

As usual, YMMV.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon STS #69
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."
Mark Twain