Re: Miata front swaybar

To: "Paul Andrews" <emosound@erols.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata front swaybar
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:29:19 -0400
At 09:20 AM 10/15/02 -0400, Paul Andrews wrote:
>I know this has probably been beaten to death before, I wasn't here for
>it.
>I have 3 options for my 94 CS Miata: Flyin' Miata 1", RB solid, and RB
>tubular.  I'm trying to make my older car more competitive locally
>against the M2's and Mr-S's.
>What are the fast guys running, and why?

Those aren't the only options.  Addco has both standard and 3 position
adjustable 22mm (7/8") bars.  And Suspension Techniques has a 1" 3-position
adjustable bar as well.

What I'd run would depend greatly on what the car and driver truly do.  I'd
in most Miata cases run a 1" adjustable bar simply because they seem to be
a little loose, and I just seem to loosen cars up transitionally on top of
that.  I also don't have trouble with cars pushing since I tend to be
pretty calm getting into corners.  If you have push issues, or the car
isn't hugely loose then you may consider a 7/8" adjustable bar, which is
still bigger than stock and tweakable. :-)

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts
www.stranoparts.com
800-729-1831 orders/price info.