Re: FSP Protest (the larger issues?)

To: "Steve Hoelscher" <stevehh@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: Re: FSP Protest (the larger issues?)
From: "Joe Goeke" <teamnet@hedlygoeke.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:16:43 -0700
> Would you go to Nationals with the potential to win a Championship and not
> have a shop manual for the car you were driving?  Did you have one with
you
> this year?  Forget for a moment whether or not the car is legal, if you
don't
> have a shop manual, and you get protested, you are gone.

To me the "must have a shop manual" approach has developed a huge flaw in
the recent years.  The flaw is the rule assumes that a factory manual is
available for a car that is classed.  There are many new cars in the last
few years, that you cannot get the service manual for the car.  The data is
not in print, and the dealer will tell you that a manual is not available in
any form.  I have found however, that with some persistent digging and
hounding, that usually there is something available in some form or another,
but the problem still exists.  How do you prove legality on a newer car that
has no shop manual?

---JHG
206-295-3269
// --- Need to host a website?  www.goekeweb.com