DRIVER TO NATIONALS (Urgent!)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: DRIVER TO NATIONALS (Urgent!)
From: Matt Murray <racingmatt@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 05:01:45 -0700 (PDT)
DRIVER TO NATIONALS

I may already be too late, and I have not discussed
this with the winner.

As some of you know Team.net had sponsored a deserving
driver to attend the Solo 2 Nationals, when finances
were not able to allow this person to go to The Big
Show.

Some of the winners have been Phil Either, Mark
Bradakis, Paul Czarnecki, JD Kemp, and Im forgetting
someone.

The person has usually been voted on by members of
Team.net, and then funds are collected to send to that
person.

For the past two years, we have not sent anyone due to
lack of interest in the Driver To Nationals. Well,
this year, it was just as dead until yesterday. Since
time was of the essence, I took a vote of everyone in
the room with me. The voters were: Me, Myself, and I.
By unanimous decision, we voted that Jim Cider needed
to get the Driver To Nationals award.

Heres the hard part. Jim bailed on Nationals, with
some very short notice. Those who wish to contribute
need to pledge NOW. Within 24 hours (maybe longer due
to those on the digests). This maybe an impossible
dream, because of the lack of time left. And I realize
this will be hard to coordinate, but I think we can do
it.

We do need Jim to accept this award (challenge?) so we
may go forward in collecting funds and getting
pledges.

If Jim has a paypal account we can forward funds
directly. If not, my paypal can be used
mattm@optonline.net . If we are not able to fund Jim
properly and in time then the money will be returned.

Again, Jim wasnt aware of this post. He has helped
many people on the lists and at autocrosses. If you
look up the definition of fluid dynamics, you might
see Jims picture there.

If you wish to reply and or discuss this, please send
to the mattm address or the yahoo one Im using now
cause the cable to my house is not working and I
cant send out replies from it. I can receive messages
(this should be short term, I have an appointment for
between 8  6 today :^(   ).

Many of you post to both Team.net and the Evo school
list and some left Team.net but may have participated
in the DTN program.

Matt Murray
Driver To Nationals instigator

=====
Matt Murray
mattm@optonline.net
temporarily from:
racingmatt@yahoo.com
anything after this, I didn't write, and don't
necessarily agree with