HP & air fuel metering

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: HP & air fuel metering
From: "Ron Chapman" <CHAPMANR@calbt.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:26:51 -0800
Hi gang, I have two questions for the technically minded:

1) What's a good rule of thumb for converting from wheel hp to crank hp?

2) I'm trying to do some dyno tuning on my SP CRX.  We've done a baseline run
without an air fuel meter being used.  The new engine pieces have been bolted
on, and I know we need to use an air fuel meter for the tinkering.  I'm still
using stock injection, so its not like we'll be doing any mapping, just making
sure that the new pieces have moved us forward, not back, and seeing what
effect timing changes have.

The question is, would an Autometer air fuel type gauge which attaches to the
stock wiring harness be sufficient? Or, do I really need to add a bung to the
header and let the shop use their megabuck Motec device?  It seems to me that
with stock injection, the simple splice in should suffice due to the limited
changes we can make.

Thanks,

Ron Chapman

85 CRX CSP