Re: Brits propose tracking personal cars via satellite

To: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Brits propose tracking personal cars via satellite
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:03:26 -0600
I've played with a GPS receiver a little bit, and I think it would be
pretty easy to derail this kind of scheme.  I believe all you'd have to
do is figure out where the antenna is for the receiver and shield it
with foil, copper screen material or something similar.  The metal roof
on the house I used to live in blocked usable GPS signals, and even
dense tree cover can degrade the signals.