Re: [evolution-disc.] MARSHALL AAF in Kansas (Ft Riley)

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] MARSHALL AAF in Kansas (Ft Riley)
From: SpedToe169@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 16:48:30 EST
KSU MotorSports (Kansas State University SCC, based in Manhattan...about 10
min away) has attemped to get the lot in the past but never had much luck.
The base has just recently become controlled access.  You used to be able to
drive right up to the area, we went out and walked around it a few times.

The surface is *very* nice.  Its Topeka quality concrete without the broken
up areas.  And its absolutely HUGE.  Easily large enough for a pro or a
divisional.

I think it would be possible to get it, but we don't have the pull, they just
think we're a bunch of stupid college kids that want to go out and tear ass
around the ramp.  I do think that if the national office got involved it
might have an effect.  Still won't be easy tho.  Have any events been held at
controlled access bases since 9/11??  I know wichita region lost McConnell.

The other major logistical problem is that the closest regional
'headquarters' is an hour away.  So all equipment would have to be hauled
that far for every event.

John Dolecek
President
KSU MotorSports