RE: "Tahrs"

To: <JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com>, "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: RE: "Tahrs"
From: "Phil Vanner" <phil@outtech.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:37:13 -0600
Hey JD, I'm not that Phil, but I'll answer anyway.

Lutefisk is dried codfish that has ben treated with lye.

Not a typo. Lye; as in the active ingredient in oven cleaner.

No, I am not making this up and yes, it is intended for human consumption.
Real Minnesotans (I'm a transplant from Rhode Island) mainatain that,
properly prepared, it is quite delicious. I have apparently never
encountered properly prepared Lutefisk and it's going to take some real
salesmanship to get me to try.

Of course, these are Minnesotans. I have known people here who, as
recreation, will try to see how much OPEN WATER their snowmobiles can cross
on semi-frozen lakes. Collectively, thier sanity remains open to question.

Phil Vanner
Minneapolis
'62 Midget in a bazillion pieces (class TBD on reassembly)