Rulebooks Online (a lurker's opinion)

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rulebooks Online (a lurker's opinion)
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:42:51 -0500
Okay, you folks know I'm not the lurker. :^) This was sent to me
a few
days ago by someone not really wishing to get involved in the
discussion.
I asked if I could repost, which they granted and had sent an
addendum
today. The selling of banner space might keep everybody happy.

Matt Murray
And I'm still waiting for Dave Lyons's reply as to when he last
autocrossed.
40206023
mattm@optonline.net

Copyright 2002, Matthew D. Murray.
Permission to reproduce these words
on the list explicitly granted.

**************************
  In this rulebook online discussion how come not one of computer
gurus have
thought of the idea of selling advertising on each viewed page. I
think they
are called "banner ads." They are already on the SCCA website!!!!

  I don't know if the whole rulebook needs to be there but in
order to
answer the most often asked questions a potential participant
might ask the
least that should be there are the car classes and  category
descriptions
(Stock, SP, ST Prep etc.) and allowances. The serious competitor
should
still be buying one.

=======================
As a further refinements of the idea. How about:

A. Have the category descriptions and class listings on line
(with a banner
ad of course.) Then have a link to the "For the complete SCCA
SOLO II rules
please visit the online SCCA store."
This link would bring them to the "Store" at the rulebook and
they can then
"add to their shopping cart."

B. Have the full rulebook on line (with banner ads) then have the
option of
a complete download for a fee. (Priced at a discount because of
saved
printing costs.) They could also have the option of purchasing
the book as
above.

The SOLO program could theoretically sign up a new member, Sell
stuff and
never have the person show up!