Re: Tire Dilema for 2002 M3

To: "Scott Kassan" <s.kassan@computer.org>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire Dilema for 2002 M3
From: "Chris Teague" <cteague@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:10:33 -0800
Scott,

Some people do run different brand tires, but I would be
careful doing that.  If you are running the stock size
wheels, then you could run the new Kumho 225/40-18
tire on front, which is good for a 7.5-9.0" wheel.  That's not a bad
fit for your stock 8" wheel.  Then you can run the 265/35-18
Kumho's on the rear which are spec'd for a 9-10.5" wheel,
which should still work OK on your stock 9" wheel.
The 245-18 Hoosiers spec's say 8.5" wheel minimum.

If you are going to run wider wheels, then just go with the
245 Hoosiers in front, and the 275's in back.  Or check to see
if you can get 275's all the way around.

Chris
97 M3