Re: Weight Reduction and Onsite Gear Swaps

To: jeff@winchell.com
Subject: Re: Weight Reduction and Onsite Gear Swaps
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:36:12 -0600
jeff@winchell.com wrote:

> I'm guessing that an ESP car will never see 92 mph at an SCCA
> Divisional/NT/ProSolo/Nations, but what about 82, 77 and 71? Will I likely
>ever want to
> change gears, or should I just use the 3.55 for maximum acceleration all the
>time?

I would certainly HOPE that you never see 92 mph on ANY SCCA-approved
Solo II autox course, Jeff!!!  If you do, something is seriously wrong.
As a matter of fact, if you ever DO see a speed faster than about 65 mph
in that ESP Mustang on a Solo II Autox course, those of us on the SSC
need to really sit back and take a VERY close look at that event.  If
you want to exceed 65 mph on a normal Solo II course, then maybe it's
time to look at Solo Trials or even Solo I!  We've got other venues for
that kind of speed and, IMNSHO, we need to make a concerted effort to
keep our speeds within the recommended range - even at sites that can
accommodate a much higher speed.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman