2 Stroke Sound Control

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2 Stroke Sound Control
From: "Charles Moss" <CharlesMoss@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:15:56 -0500
One of the best steps I have seen in action is to use internal stingers
on the chambers.  This alone drops sound levels dramatically - and
also increases power almost everywhere except the very peak of the
plot.  Larger diameter mufflers, particularly with some of the newer
packing materials developed also lower the noise levels without any
negative effects that I have seen.  I don't know that a CV trans motor
would seen any benefit other than noise reduction, but geared bikes
are definitely more flexible.

I use both the above on my street and dirt 2-strokes to good effect.
When freshly packed, all are quieter than stock, particularly the dirt
bikes.

Charles Moss
CharlesMoss@rcn.com