Re: New worm spoils the party, was: "Party" is no fun

To: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>,
Subject: Re: New worm spoils the party, was: "Party" is no fun
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:18:03 -0500
The part that is most disconcerting is the .com extension. Maybe
it won't hit a Linux or Apple based OS now, but it might in the
future. I saw a message from either Sunday or Monday with the
"check the pictures from my party" and it wasn't from a person I
knew. I was tempted to open it, but wentwith my gut feeling and
deleted it. I suppose the best test would be to delete a message
like that and then reply to the person looking for a confirmation
of the prior post and a request to resend if it was real.

Bottom line is to go with a gut feeling.

Matt Murray

mattm@optonline.net

Copyright 2002, Matthew D. Murray.
Permission to reproduce these words on the list explicitly
granted.