Re: Stock shock rules rewrite?

To: "Dan Bettis" <dan@zrracing.com>, "Matt Murray"
Subject: Re: Stock shock rules rewrite?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:51:14 -0600
From: Dan Bettis <dan@zrracing.com>

>Take away the grippy tires and the high dollar shocks will become less
>effective.  Think how much cheaper that would be.

I don't agree.  Forgetting for the moment that taking away the sticky tires
has it's own rule-and-enforcement problems (if you want to discuss this,
please start another thread):

In the absence of freedom of springs or swaybars, tuning via shock absorbers
will continue to be important to Stock cars even at lower tire grip.
Making the tires stick less, even if that were practical (other thread,
remember), will not solve the shock dilemma.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org