Re: Electricity

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electricity
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:52:53 -0500
North Hills had one of our members (who had just retired from Westinghouse)
wire our trailer with two solar cells on the roof. They charge four 12Volt
sealed lead acid batteries. We see positive charge even on very cloudy days.
We then wired ganged cigarette plug outlets in various parts of the trailer.

We run the laptop that does the timing and the P.A. system off one outlet
and a second lap top that crunches the raw data to do PAX etc. We have been
able to run all day long at our events this year without loosing power. This
system seems to be working very well.

Larry Steckel