Re: autox insurance

To: "David Cramer" <dcramer@translationtech.com>,
Subject: Re: autox insurance
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:22:43 -0600
Not all insurance companies have the same clauses in their contracts.

Not all branches of the SAME insurance companies have the same clauses in
all their contracts.

Just because Idjit Insurance in Idaho has a "timed event" clause in its
insurance contracts, does not mean Idjit Insurance in Indiana has the same
clause.

Read your policy. Look for language like that that might make a claim
refused. If you find it, change to another company. Ask the agent up front
if you are covered for Solo, for track schools, etc.

People with State Farm have reported very good results when making a claim.
MY State Farm tried to use the very idea that my kids MIGHT go autocrossing
to double their LIFE insurance premiums. We went elsewhere, and took not
only our life business, but also our car and homeowners business too.
Obviously my experience with State Farm was not reflected in others'
experience. The reason? That they lived in different states had a lot to do
with it.

And BTW, if your agent makes a representation of what your policy covers, he
is an AGENT of the company which legally means he speaks for the company. If
he said it, it is so. Of course, if later he lies about what he said and it
is his word against yours and his lie is backed by policy language, you are
likely screwed unless you have good witnesses or evidence to his original
representation. It goes back to, read your policy. Make sure what your agent
told you is (or is not) in there.

(BTW, my State Farm problem was not with my agent, who is a good and honest
man; but with his underwriters. When my problem arose, my agent told me up
front.).

--Rocky