re: Looking for an MR2

To: Pat Salerno <psalerno@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: re: Looking for an MR2
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:36:16 -0500 (EST)
Pat,

   Welcome to the club; I'm on my second MR2 now.  The first place to look
is; http://mr2.xcars.com/

   Actually, you might should find Randy Chase.  His MR2 is one of the
fastest ES cars in the country, and still for sale, I think.  I'm not sure
why you'd want to limit yourself to 93+, but his is a '91.

   Speaking of which, we're ES now.  CS MR2s are Spyders.

   Toyota only built about 20,000 5S-FE powered MR2s ( compared with
100,000 3S cars ) and two-thirds of those are MY1991.  I like them enough
that I'm trying to figure out how many are left, via the mk2 Registry at
http://planet-torque.com/mk2

   If you ( or anyone else ) happen to get your hands on the VIN of any
1991-1999 MR2s during your search, I'd appreciate it if you could drop me
a line with that information, or just enter them in my database at the
above URL.  The more details the better, but even just a VIN is fine,
especially if it has been totalled.

   Thanks.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n