Mazda MP3 - fast slalom performance!!

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mazda MP3 - fast slalom performance!!
From: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:49:51 -0400
Has anyone else seen the latest Road and Track? In a ten car comparo, the
Mazda MP3 ( a tarted up Protege but with some really key pieces) turned a 68.5
mph in their 700 foot slalom. This is better than a Z06, 360 Modena, Miata,
MR2, S2000. In fact it looks like its better than everything they've tested
except a 911 GT2.

The engine is pretty anemic and I would suspect that it would go into H Stock.
But even with the lame acceleration they said that it was fastest around
Willow Springs (or streets of willow - can't remember). Other cars in the
comparo were Mustang GT, Z-28, WRX, RSX, GTI VR6 and 4 others.

So my questions are "what class is this thing in?" and "is this test result
just an aberation or is this the hot car for all stock classes?"

Alan "going to my local Mazda dealer for a test drive" Pozner