Re: VW head removal - OT!

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VW head removal - OT!
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:48:12 -0500
Agreed.  I used to pull the powertrain out of my 914 alone in about 20
minutes.  Similar installation to the bug.  You *can* do the stud repair
while in the car, but you spend more time getting bits out of your way than
the actual repair.  Tricky part is getting the old stud out of course.
Helicoil should take care of the repair.

Be careful of the "mightaswells".  It's easy to pull the motor, but you
tend to do this and that because you "might as well" since it's already
out.  Good luck!

> When we had our 65 and when to the shows, they had engine pull contests
> where two guys could pull a Bug engine in under two minutes
>
> Jay Evans

Patrick (done messing around with air cooled engines) Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI
www.racecabinet.com