Re: New Z Car

To: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: New Z Car
From: "Ron" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 12:03:45 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>

The last 300zx, in twin turbo guise, was about $45k six years ago, which
would be pushing close to $55k today.  The new Z will start under $30k
(Nissan is shooting for a $28k base price).

BTW, Nissan has registered 350z.com and 350zr.com.  I can understand the
350z, but the 350zr has me a little confused.  In Japan, Nissan released a
200zr on the Z31 chassis (84 to 89).  The first one (84 to 86) used a VG20ET
(in English, that would be a 2.0L turbo V6) which put out about 170hp. The
second one (200zr-II, 87 to 89) used an RB20DET (in English, a 2.0L turbo
inline-6, related to the Skyline's RB26DETT) and put out about 180hp.  They
still made the 300zx, it was the upscale, every bell and whistle car.  I'm
not sure if they made a 300zr or not, but the zr's had a more sporting
suspension, and lighter weight, almost a stripper car.  Now, is the 350zr
going to be a lesser model, or will it be the sportiest model?

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO
300zx