RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ??? (Rocky's History

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ??? (Rocky's History
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:25:32 -0400
"Steve Hoelscher" <stevehh@hiwaay.net>

> I thought Dennis had a pretty good perspective on the whole deal.  His
post
> was one of the most logical on the subject I have ever seen on this list
and
> gives a reasonably fair assessment of where we are now.

Thanks Steve. :)

> While Dennis may not have studied history, I lived it.

Dennis has done what he could to study history. One of the cardinal lessons
for any would-be rules maker is to study the mistakes and lessons from the
past - "Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it"

There is a problem though in that there is very little written history of
this sport. In order to study it, you have to be a historian - conduct your
own interviews, analyze your own statistics, and so on. There's really no
good single place to find all the relevant information.

Somebody (Rocky) needs to sit down (Rocky) and write a detailed (Rocky)
history of the sport.

One saving grace is that very often you can take cues from other forms of
motorsport. You think our "bolt on" classes are out of control? Look at
some of the cars doing "Real Street" drag racing these days. Want to see
what an unrestricted tire war looks like? Follow modern Formula One. And so
on.

DG

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.