Nationals Surface Repair & Rock Removal Fund Proposal

To: seb@scca.org
Subject: Nationals Surface Repair & Rock Removal Fund Proposal
From: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 21:47:12 EDT
SEB,
As I stated in the town hall meeting on Monday of the Solo II Nationals, I
would like to propose the following:
The establishment of a dedicated fund (supplemental to what the MTAA is
presently doing) for the repair of both the North and South courses prior to
each Nationals along with the removal of all loose rocks on the courses, in
the grid and in the paddock.  This would be accomplished by an independent
contractor and would be financed by charging  $10 per entry fee for the
Nationals and each National Tour and Pro Solo.  The money would be kept in a
separate account and a public (to the members) accounting of the income and
expenses would be made at each National Convention.  Once a permanent site
has been built, this fund could be used to prepare/repair/maintain it for our
Solo II Nationals there every year.

I think every one that has run at Topeka fully understands the strong need
for this fund to be extablished.

Jim Murphy

ps - as I am a team.net digest lurker, please send any comments/questions
directly to me.