integra clutch problems

To: autox@autox.team.net, ner@ner.org, mwcscc-ax@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: integra clutch problems
From: Jester097@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:52:32 EDT
I have a friend who's got an integra GSR that we're trying to diagnose a
clutch problem.  The clutch wont fully disengage from the flywheel (the
drivetrain is intact, has not been dissasembled yet).  The clutch pedal seems
pretty soft, and when you put it in gear the car will move when you start it.
 The problem arised at a track day, and shifting gears is a chore since the
clutch wont disengage.  I think its an adjustment or hydraulic issue and i
will be looking at it tomorrow.  The dealer said the problem is broken
springs on the sprung center on the hub of the clutch disc.  But if that were
the case, wouldnt that render the car undriveable?  It is still driveable,
however it has stayed parked since this problem came up.

Ideas?

Thanks!

-Ryan