Re: New Stock Classes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Stock Classes
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
--- Rick Shank <rickshank@banklogic.net> wrote:
> > The best HS CRX has only 90 horsepower, and is
> > mechanically very similar to the current class
> leader
> > Civic SI which has 106 hp.
>
> 92 HP comes in the 1988 CRX DX model, curb weight
> 1922lbs.   Similary, a
> 1989 Civic SI (mine) comes with 108 HP, curb weight
> of 2161 lbs.  So,
> almost 240 lbs weight difference for 16HP.   Looks
> like class leader
> material to me.

Sorry, I didn't know that the 88 model weighed so much
less.  I had a 91 CRX DX that weighed just over 2100.
However, my old 92 Civic Si had 125 horsepower and
weighed 2240 with no spare and half tank of gas.  Of
course it didn't have a rear sway bar, but I'm not
sure if the CRX DX did either.  I know the 89-91 SI's
do.

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing
CS 97