Re: Who's the Creater of that "Stand On It"Video@this year's

To: Adam Popp <raft321@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Who's the Creater of that "Stand On It"Video@this year's
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:45:25 -0700
On Monday, September 17, 2001, at 02:05 PM, Adam Popp wrote:
>   I'm probably going to make a R.A.F.T. racing video for next year's
> talent show and I'm going to try to make it as good or better as that
> Stand On It video at this year's nationals's. So could someone on this
> list tell me the name of that person who made that video with macintosh
> and give me their email address? If so,I would appreciate it.

As Mark said that would be me. I did the video using my 500mhz iMac and
the Apple iMovie2 software included with every new Mac. The software
makes the actual editing incredibly easy but filming and selecting which
video clips to use is still a lot of work. My rule of thumb is that each
30 seconds of finished video will take about an hour of raw footage.

If anyone is interested I can make copies of the video for folks in VHS,
Beta or DV formats. I don't have an exact price but figure something
like $10+s/h. If I can get my old camcorder working I'll also include a
copy of my 1996 "We're Gonna Win" talent show video.

- Alan Dahl