Pick The Winners contest winner

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pick The Winners contest winner
From: "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 14:23:41 -0700
Thanks to the fact that I was safely at home last week, and the Nationals
folks did an absolutely fantastic job with the on-line results and with the
live broadcast from Nationals, I'm able to announce the winner of the Pick
The Winners contest even before many competitors make it home!

There were 60 classes to pick from.  Typically the winner gets about 60% of
the classes picked correctly.  This year was apparently (in so many ways)
less predictable than normal.  The winner got 30 classes correct, and was
the only person to do so.  No one got 29 classes correct.  There were many
many people with 28 correct picks, and many with all of the numbers below
that.  There were 500 entries registered, although a few of them were beyond
the entry deadline, so I had to disqualify those.

Without further ado: your winner is SSL's Beth McClure.  Her winning entry
is shown below.  Beth, you win a free 1-year subscription to North American
Pylon.  Please make sure to reply to me and I'll ensure that you receive
your prize!

BTW, the Team.Net consensus pick (the person in each class with the most
"votes") resulted in 26 classes picked correctly.  So going outside the
popularity poll worked well for Beth!

Congrats to all of the competitors at Nationals!  I wish I could have been
there with you!

Josh

BETH'S CORRECT PICKS
-------
AM John Engstrom
CML Tamara McDaniel
DML Karen Babb
EM Scott McQueen
FML Christina Libecco
F125  Tom Harrington
F125L Suzanne Segal
BPL Patti Yeo
CPL Susan Delzell
DP Stan Whitney
DPL Paula Whitney
EP John Thomas
EPL Betsy Bryan-Tinsley
FP Greg Fordahl
FPL Jodi Fordahl
BSPL Patty Tunnell
CSPL Denise Kugler
DSP Mark Daddio
DSPL Tina Reeves
ESP Mark Madarash
FSPL Lisa Krueger
ASL Anna Hedly Goeke
CS Jonathan Roberts
ES Robert Carpenter
ESL Debbie Fessler
FS Paul Kozlak
GSL Katie Elder
HS Gerry Terranova
HSL Wendi Allen
SML Karen Rafferty

BETH'S INCORRECT PICKS
---------
BM Bruce Domeck  (Tom Bootz)
BML Donna Swift  (Betsi Lyle)
CM Peter Calhoun  (Gary Godula)
DM Chris O'Donnell  (Jeff Ellerby)
EML Gretchen Everett (Debbie Pruett)
FM Gary Kramar  (John Whitling)
AP Gordon Kinney  (Sam Platt)
APL Patricia Kelly  (Sandra Castro)
BP Ken Yeo   (Steve OBlenes)
CP Tommy Regan  (Ron Ver Mulm)
ASP Curt Ormiston  (Mark Huffman)
ASPL Linay White  (Gloria Carr)
BSP Gary Thomason  (Vic Sias)
CSP Steve Mieritz  (Tom Ellam)
ESPL Jennifer Poloms  (Lorien Feighner)
FSP Richard Windberg (J. Brett Howell)
SS Erik Strelnieks  (John Ames)
SSL Beth McClure  (Leslie Cohen)
AS Pat Salerno  (Andy McKee)
BS Tom Berry  (Peter Raymond)
BSL Yvonne Short  (Kyung An)
CSL Kathy Leicester Wolfskill (Michelle Seelig)
DS Robert Monday  (Russell Blume)
DSL Lynn Collins  (Ann Heller)
FSL Diane Lapusnak  (Heather Shehan)
GS Kevin McCormick  (David Fauth)