Re: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Results

To: The Narbys <narby@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Results
From: Dennis Laczny <dennis@raceamerica.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:56:53 -0700
The Pro Solo timing system is a combination of a modified drag timing
system and customized PC software to control and score the runs.  The
system was customized to meet the Pro Solo racing differences and
similarities of Solo II and Drag Racing.

We are aware of a finish line sensor damaged during an event caused
false finish trips resulting in reruns.  A damaged cable was
discovered by Howard's group in another event causing erratic
operation and reruns.  In another event, the automotive battery
powering the timing system went dead causing erratic system operation
and false trips resulting in weird tree operation and reruns.  There
was a software bug discovered early on that was resolved.  Howard's
group actually uncovered the bug and was able to mask it by
implementing an operational workaround.

The system is very different from what was being used in the past,
both for the drivers and for the Pro Solo group to setup and operate.
The customized feature set of this system required time for the Pro
Solo group to become familiar with all of it's features and
operation.  Howard has a sharp group of people who have come up to
speed very quickly how to use the system to troubleshoot setup and
hardware failures.

RACEAMERICA has Drag Racing and Autocross installations across the US
and in 18 countries.  If the Pro Solo organization or any of the race
promoters using our timing systems have a hardware or software
problem, RACEAMERICA wants to be involved to address and resolve an
issue.  I will be speaking with Howard when he returns from Nationals
to do a year end review of the new system and discuss improvements
and changes he finds necessary to contribute to the Pro Solo event.

Dennis Laczny
RACEAMERICA Timing Systems
http://www.raceamerica.com