Re: How to rotate slicks?

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: Re: How to rotate slicks?
From: "Scott Peterson" <scott.peterson2@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:07:15 -0500
Actually,

Bias Ply slicks wear on the inside portion of the tire because of
their design.  The tread cap actually folds in a manner that wears
the tires at about 1-2" from the inside edge.  It really doesn't
matter what you put them on, CP car, FFord, etc, a bias tire wears
the inside edge first.  Radials are generally the opposite
in that they were on the outside edge first.

Rocky is right, flip the tires on the rim and put the best/newest
tires on the front.

This practice can be applied to Hoosier Autocrossers and the
new Hoosier Radial.  This can be a real cost saver.

Scott Peterson
ex-Hoosier/Goodyear tire flipper, KC Raceware