Re: Subject: Autox on TV please

To: rwd@serv.net
Subject: Re: Subject: Autox on TV please
From: Benjamin D Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:57:01 -0400
Rich,

I think this is inevitible if growth continues in the major urban areas.
We have 4 million people here in Atlanta. If we really pushed our sport
in the media, we'd probably see 4 times as many people at our events. The
economics then become feasible to start considering a dedicated facility.

Of course, it this happens, entry fees WILL increase to support the costs
IMO.

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:38:17 -0700 "Rich" <rwd@serv.net> writes:

> Ben,
>
> Sounds like someone needs to build an autocross
> facility somewhere. Four events a week (morn/afternoon
> weekends) and test and tune courses during the week.
> With lights you could have wed/fri night events and
> night test and tune. Rent out garage space and have
> a tire store and/or other retail space with testing right
> outside the door.
>
> Ya think ?
>
> Rich Douglas

Ben Thatcher