Re: Bad tasting spam

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bad tasting spam
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:48:33 -0600
    (As far as I know, the only corporate sponsor of tdn...)

That could change.  As I've mentioned in the past, now that the autox.team.net
server is not using U of Utah resources, commercial support of various types
is one way of covering expenses.  For instance, for some amount per month, a
company could get a few lines added to each message sent out to one of the
lists.  I'll put an example below, in spite of me being so far behind in
keeping my web pages up to date.  As a matter of fact, autox@autox.team.net [*]
September 2001 is already covered.

The current scheme of just having regular fund drives seems to be working
well, and some folks may not approve of having a mini-commercial added to
every message.  So the sponsorship idea may not work out in the long run.
We shall see.

mjb.

[*] In truth it will apply to the autox, ax-digest, autox-cm, autox-fm,
    autox-dsp and solo-vee lists.

===  This 23 seconds of autox@autox.team.net brought to you by
===
===                      The Fat Chance Garage
===           Triumph Sports Cars Parts and Performance
===                  http://www.team.net/TeamFat