Re: Speed Creep

To: "Reijo Silvennoinen" <rase@telusplanet.net>,
Subject: Re: Speed Creep
From: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:03:36 -0400
I thought most regions did this already.  The FW Tour course was a perfect
example.  I learned years ago that a pointer cone is not just there to say
"go here," rather it denotes a change of direction, depending on which side
the pointer is laying.  The FW Tour course, as long as it was, was simple
and easy to read due to these pointers being visiable enough to look ahead
and plan your strategy long before you reached the turn.  Again, the
importance of looking ahead.  Roger the real does an excellent job with
pointers, putting them only  where he feels they would be needed, rather
than sticking a pointer on every cone...In my opinion, adding more cones
than that necessary to direct only confuses the issue.

Phil O.