Re: Speed Creep!

To: pfoster@tampabay.rr.com, Smokerbros@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speed Creep!
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:59:07 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/01 8:40:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pfoster@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> I heard privately it is apparently 3075 with the 10% "prepared in excess"
> penalty and a 50 lb penalty for using 12" wheels. It sure looked like it
> should weigh a lot less than that sitting on the grid. Don't 60s and 70s
> vintage Corvettes weigh less than 3000 lbs stock? There must be a heck of a
> lot of ballast in that sucker. No wonder it took so long to stop at GGF when
> .

It wasn't carrying the 10% weight penalty under the old prepared rules...  If
there was a 50 lb. penalty for the wheels back then, it weighed 2800.  I
always remember the number 2750...

I'm not sure about mid '60's, but seem to remember '69-72 were in the
3000-3100 lb range with SB engines.

Charlie