Re: Speed Creep/cookie cutter courses

To: "William Loring" <bloring@tirerack.com>,
Subject: Re: Speed Creep/cookie cutter courses
From: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:34:50 -0400
So, what we need is "cookie cutter" courses...

Let's have the top course designers (relative term) across the country
prepare a manual with perhaps 10 course designs (the average number of
events a region hosts per year) and make them of average size, (another
relative term), and keep the speeds within the limit's of the rules (more
relative stuff, nothing absolute) and safety designed by committee,
regardless of site location, site size, site obstructions, site runoff,
etc., and let each region use this as their bible.  No more, no less.  It
shouldn't matter if we have a small congested lot, or a large un-obstructed
lot.  One size fits all.....Just think of all the fun we could have, and how
well the sport would grow...Why, I bet after a couple of years of that, we
could have 1500/2000 at National, no problem....Not to mention all the
record breaking attendance at regional, divisional, and national tours.  Who
needs diversity?....

Phil O.