winning

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: winning
From: "Charlemagne Rex" <lesser_of2evils@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 15:19:40 -0000
On the issue of classic cars -- Is your goal to win? If so, buy a
competitive car. Is your goal to go fast and have fun? If so, drive whatever
you want to drive, no one will tell you that you can't. If you think that
driving an MGA is fun -- do it. If you would rather drive a WRX (and can
afford it -- I cannot) then do so. I have yet to win a race. I don't drive
the most competitive car -- In fact, some mods that I may make soon will
probably bump me to some even less competitive class (if they don't add
those mods to STS), but I will probably do them anyway. My goal is to go
fast and have fun. If my goal was to win, I would have bought a WRX (or
something) and not a computer, college classes, or stereo.

Find what you want to drive, then figure out what class it goes into. As
long as winning every race isn't your main goal, you have already won. I do
intend to beat my own times, however. I also plan on moving to a competitive
car someday, too. But for now, my focus is FUN. Isn't that why we all do it
anyway?

Chuck (seen many people race uncompetitive cars and still have fun) Mathews