Re: hatchback gas springs

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hatchback gas springs
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:41:17 -0500
As a fellow Probe GT driver and having dealt with the weak hatch struts that
fail progressively as the temps plummet, I first resorted to using something
I kept in my car most of the time anyway:

An umbrella (one of the long ones)

But then I splurged on some hatch struts:  Carparts.com 4858 4859 (for a
spoilered car, and my car doesn't have a spoiler)

The stronger struts are really tough to get down and positively jettison the
hatch into the air.  I figure in a year or so, they'll be back to the normal
strength.

Brian
95 PGT
late 65 Mustang which was both mine and my mom's first car: pony interior,
289 2v (but a Holley 600 found its way on there), C4 cruise-o-matic atx (I
love those old terms)

--
Brian Berryhill
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/brianberryhill