Hoosier questions

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Hoosier questions
From: "Mike Neary" <mcneary@usa.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:24:27 -0400
I'm sure this horse has been thoroughly flogged so I apologize for
bringing it up again, BUT...

After running two seasons on Kumho tires, and getting a full
season and then some out of two sets, I switched to Hoosiers this
year.  After two events (one with a co-drive) I discovered that cord
is beginning to show on 3 of 4 tires.  Currently I am running the
radials in autocross compound.  My question is, do the radials and
bias-ply tires wear the same or will one wear longer than the other.
Also, the road race compound, how much slower is it and how
much longer will it wear versus the autox compound?

On a non-Hoosier note, I notice that TireRack still has some of the
old BFG R1s (non G-Force) in a size I can use.  Is anyone using
these tires and if so, how are they?  Are they just left over stock
from before they were replaced by the G-Force, or are they still
currently making these tires?

Thanks,
Mike Neary....what's it to ya?
'97 Acura Integra GS-R, DSP