Re: kid karts (over-competitive little-league variety)

To: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>, Vernon Head
Subject: Re: kid karts (over-competitive little-league variety)
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:47:30 -0600
Personally, I think that the main message here is that despite a lot of the
wrangling about rules and classes, this demonstrate once again that if
there is a class someone will exploit the rules to the maximum limit no
matter what.  I am somewhat saddened by the raising of the bar in FJ...I
had hoped that this class would not become a high stakes, ultra competitive
dollar war with miniature hand granade motors.  Too late.  At the same
time, I understand that if you create a class, someone will want to win it
and we should do nothing more than give them a pat on the back for doing a
better job than the competition.

I feel Sean's statement about the class being for fun and all is a bit
ironic considering the amount of effort and money being put into winning.
Good for him...he's taking advantage of what the rules offer and he has a
great competitive spirit. It will difficult passing the class off as a fun,
no pressure training ground though.  Oh well.  My unsolicited opinion is
that FJ should be a spec series where the lessons of driving improvement
are more evident.  Fire away.

---------snipped----------
The point I'm trying to make here is that most kids
> aren't as serious as Scott is. His motor, along with
> others upwards of 40 hp, was compliant with the rules..

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI