RE: Solo Entry Fees

To: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Subject: RE: Solo Entry Fees
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:43:58 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Loren Williams wrote:
> I could grudgingly handle a $30 entry fee, if the events were that good. (I
> don't think we have a site available here that would make it THAT good)  One
> thing that can't be overlooked when discussing entry fees from different parts
> of the country is the overal economy of the area.  For example, what the
>average
> Californian (where the cost of living is relatively high) would be willing and
> able to pay would be considerably more than what the average person in Kansas
> (where the cost of living is quite low... as is the average income level).  In
> spite of the fact that we all live in the United States, a dollar is worth
>more
> in some places than it is in others.

Yeah, I don't disagree in theory, but gas & tires cost approximately the
same across the country.  For me, those expenses are what really sets the
cost of autox, with entry fee's far in the distance.

I'm not advocating charging more because you can, rather I'm advocating
organizers shifting focus from "as cheap as possible" to "you get what you
pay for"

Mark