More '89 Nationals

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: More '89 Nationals
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:54:02 -0500
REJ(O) writes:

<<<'89 was Havranek's last National, thus ending what had been
a protest-fest every year.  '89 was rather extraordinary with
Porsche A/S protests.  And it carried over to the 914's in
C/S, too.  (Six 914 drivers DQ'ed in total)>>>

Despite his failings I still like John. He drives like he skis: Full out all
the time. His DQ in '89 was due to having incorrect secondary carburetor
jets...

And the Reitmeiers just missed getting DQed in CS too for having an
aftermarket front spoiler. The protest committee ruled it provided no
competitive advantage.

<<<Now if only someone could help me with the Talent Show. . . . .>>>

All I remember was that you were the emcee (big surprise!), there were a
heck of a lot of reference to sheep, and you gave Davey Looman enough
kidding to last a lifetime. And oh yeah, I sat next to Barbara McKee and
whined that it was unfair the 944 was being moved to CS while the 924S was
slated to stay in DS because they were effectively the same car. She got up,
ran across the room, spoke to someone I didn't know, sat back down and
smiled at me. The next issue of SportsCart had an addendum that the 924S was
being moved to CS too...

Paul Foster