Re: Numbers

To: "BRIAN GARFIELD" <bgarfield@gscyclone.com>,
Subject: Re: Numbers
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:47:23 -0800
Besides the companies listed in SportsCar and NAP that specialize in it,
almost any sign shop could make them or sell you the raw magnetic material
(also avail in colors BTW) and vinyl cut numbers in any size and color you
want. Then just apply to mag material and trim with a knife.  Note you don't
have to cut all the way though the mag material, just into it a bit and bend
it and it will peel away.  Or you can get creative: We have a bright blue
car, I got black mag material and white numbers.  Painted the numbers with
an orange to yellow to white fade, applied to mag, and trimmed mag so there
was a 1/2 " border and it looks really cool.  Lots of contrast and never a
complaint from workers or timing.

Rick Brown
FP 240Z