Inane team.net arguments

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Inane team.net arguments
From: GRMPer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 11:21:21 EST
in my internet travels,  I seem to notice certain people's name a lot.
Judging by the number of posts that I see of theirs on team.net and wheel to
wheel, etc, many of which are involved in some sort of miscommunication,  I
wonder how where they gets the time to post to so many lists.

When the internet was still in its infancy,  most of the users were isolated
in the collegiate or high-tech arenas. Discussions were intellectually
heated, but like any faculty party,  the borish people eventually got the
point and went home. New users often got over-excited by the new
communication (I was guilty of this about 5 years ago) but quickly quieted
down after a month or so of commenting on EVERY post.  Now, with computers
being sold at Walmart,  many forums are filled with "Cousin Eddys".  I wonder
when all of the worthwhile discussions will go back to just being local, one
on one chats?

Per
sorry for the WOB
opinions not necessarily those of GRM