Re: STS and SM bogus classes?

To: bthatch@juno.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: STS and SM bogus classes?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 13:51:16 EST
In a message dated 12/9/00 4:27:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, bthatch@juno.com
writes:

> In spite of Paul Foster and Roger Johnson panning the STS and SM classes
> we have found that STS, STR and SM are big enough here in Atlanta to
> completely fill one of our 5 run groups at each event. We average about
> 170 entries per event and 20-25 of those entries are in STS, STR and SM.
>
> STS, by far, makes up the bulk of those entries averaging about 15 per
> event. However, SM is slowly growing. I expect to see a solid 5-10
> entries per event in 2001.
>
> We also have OSP which averaged 9 entrants per event in 2000.

San Francisco Region averaged 219 entrants/event in 2000, and had similar
numbers.  STR 12, STS 5, SM 8, but OSP (which we've had for over 10 years)
averaged 16.

I'm pretty sure that there are cars running in SM that are really OSP cars,
due to having stroker motors over 6 litres, but no one has protested...

CHD