offset suspension bushings

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: offset suspension bushings
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:40:19 -0600
need some info...

I obtained a set of Moog suspension bushings that are from the "problem
solver" line of suspension parts. the description of these bushings state
they  "Provide Add. Ride & Perf. Handling" which can be loosely
interpreted as offset bushings. The package did not include any
instructions and looking at them, they look concentric (no lateral
offset) so I conclude the only offset gained can be relocation of the
control arm forward (affecting caster and perhaps a little camber as a
result of the angle of the control arm). One way to verfiy this is to
compare them to the stock bushings or a set of *nominal* bushings. I may
have to do that.

Has anyone else used these Moog products? have I drawn the correct
conclusion?

thanks,
Dave Yeung
Houston Region