PCA and SCCA (Who hates whom)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: PCA and SCCA (Who hates whom)
From: jwalter@ptra.com
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 10:24:10 -0600
I go to PCA AX's often.  I don't take my 914,  or my old 928 before I
dumped it.  I show up with my trailered FP 1st gen RX-7.  The two or three
local AX's that run their events are happy to see me.  BUT NO ONE ELSE IS,
they are stand offish and down right uppity.  The put me in a class with
all the other non P cars that have any mods and that makes those 'non P
car' owners happy to see me, NOT.  The classing is not a problem with me,
the event is after all a PCA event.   I go for track time.  I volunteer to
help with setup, teardown, safety, driver instruction or any of the other
SCCA things I would normally do.

It reminds me of when I would go to a bar with my teammates back in the
60's, I could go to their favorite place, but they couldn't go to mine.
And sometimes the other way around.  Virginia comes to mind, where my
friend was told that I could leave because I was not from there, but they
were going to kill him, because he knew better.

Now ask me how I really feel about uppity P car owners that always want
their way.

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"The people who vote decide nothing. The people who count the vote decide
everything."
     - Josef Stalin.