Re: Looking for autocross car

To: marcs@gdi.net, nottingham@alltel.net
Subject: Re: Looking for autocross car
From: "Murray, Matthew D." <MDMURRAY@gwns.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:21:00 -0500
You might also look into the Ford SVT Contour. Any dealer with one on the
lot
will cut one hell of a deal. Not a bad G Stock car. With some struts/shocks
and an anti-roll bar, the car could be quite fun (and I dare say
competitive).

Matt Murray
Marc Smith wrote:
> I am in a dilemma  I need to find a GM car that is an adequate AutoXer.
> But It needs to be Somewhat Family Oriented.  I was thinking of a ford
> Taurus SHO.  But My Uncle (gm Dealer)  wants my business, and as family
> I need to Comply.

. . . If you go the SHO route, 89's don't have ABS and have smaller clutches
(tend to wear out faster), 90 to 92's are probably the best to ax with,
since they have ABS and large front and rear sway bars.  The 93 to 95's
have few manuals, mostly autos, and come with a mix of sway bar sizes
(mostly smaller than the 90 to 92's) and tend to be more ride oriented
than the previous Gen 1 SHO's.  The 96 SHO, with the V8 was auto only,
and is even more ride oriented than previous Gens.  89 to 93 SHO's have
small 10" disks all around, the 94 and 95's had better brakes.  If you
want any more SHO info, let me know.

Ron N.