Re: TMS in October?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TMS in October?
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@trimofran.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:25:29 -0500
>>The pits would be in the grass, or remote from the competition area.<<

In the grass?  Why?  The immediately adjoining lot, where the pits were, was
less than half full with nearly 300 competitors.  Visible from that location
were gigantic empty lots continuing around the facility.  After 1800 runs in
the event, I could see no visible sign that an event was even run at the
location when I returned 2 months later.  Not only was there no broken asphalt,
I couldn't even see where any significant scrubbing had taken place.  And I
looked pretty hard for it.  I'm by no means an authority on the subject, but
I'm just reporting what I saw.  I can certainly understand why concrete would
be preferrable over asphalt, however.

-brad