cooking question

To: "'kcautox'" <kcautox@onelist.com>,
Subject: cooking question
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:12:57 -0500
Now for something COMPLETELY off topic.  :^)

I have a cooking question for any amateur pastry chefs out there.

I want to "turn it up a notch" and add some Cruzan orange rum to a chocolate
cake mix.  Would substituting half or all of the water with rum cause
disastrous results?  How about adding some rum to the Betty Crocker frosting
in a can?  I know that if I add too much rum to the frosting it would become
to watery but is there any way to rethicken it up?

Ahh, bachelor life.  Macaroni & cheese or Banquest microwave dinners.

Eh, it's about as on-topic as the Clinique threads of yesteryear.  But, we
all gotta eat sooner or later or we won't have the strength to race.  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"If someone offers you a breath mint, accept it."
H. Jackson Brown, Jr. - Life's Little Treasure Book, on wisdom