Can I reinforce my Miata broken sway bar mounts?

To: <ax-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Can I reinforce my Miata broken sway bar mounts?
From: "Brad Snakenberg" <bsnake@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:55:19 -0400
I'm in CS class and am fairly new to Miatas. I understand these cars have
trouble with breaking the sway bar mounts, and mine is a victim of this. Is
there a provision in the Stock rules that allows me to reinforce these? Or
do I have to just keep on replacing them? I've heard they're a real pain to
install. From section 13.7 it doesn't look promising:

>  13.7 Anti Roll (Sway) Bars
>  A.
>  Front anti-roll (sway) bars:
>  Substitution, addition or removal of any front anti-roll bars is
permitted.
>  Substitution, addition or removal of anti-roll bars may serve no other
>  purpose than that of an anti-roll bar.
>  The use of any bushing material is permitted.
>  No modification to the body, frame or other components to accommodate
>  anti-roll bar addition or substitution is allowed, except for the
drilling
>  of holes for mounting bolts.

Did I just answer my own question?

Thanks